Seacroft Marine Consultants Limited was commissioned to undertake an assessment of viable Walk-2-Work motion compensated gangways that are currently available in the market. The assessment identified six well established and well-known W2W gangway companies.
Seacroft worked in close liaison with naval architects and structural engineers to deliver a high level technical evaluation of the proposed gangway locations, which was incorporated into Seacroft’s operational assessment.
The scope of work included the following deliverables:
- Comparison/SWOT analysis of potentially viable gangways to include:
- Operating limits (Hs claims and proven)
- Type of operation
- Proven safety record/incidents (where available)
- Day rates/contracting model (if available)
- Company profile/ambition – who is developing the next generation of gangways?
- Compatibility/access assessment with offshore structures/installations:
- To include details of any engineering work required for any non-compatible systems.
- Any platforms, landing stages, gates that would need to be fabricated.
- Month by month gangway downtime assessment (based on the gangway systems performance only and excluding factors relating to specific vessels).